A list of what I internally know I need to do for the next draft of Monarchy.If you have any thoughts or suggestions on when to mention things, please add them here! I will be going through all comments and incorporating stuff again before any rewriting happens. Probably not for several months, as I’m moving into an Ire phase.
So, if you have gaping plothole questions on Monarchy– or, as Butcher puts it, ‘your flabber is seriously gasted’ about a plot point– let me know so I can fix it! And… thank you so much for reading.
- Change the title. Already riffing through ideas for this…
- Make a list of all the Blackthistle technicians’ names. Get an idea of who they are. Get back to the original construct for them and how they were with outside peoples. How many are there in the entire country?
- Decide on basis for “technicians,” “techs,” “family” references.
- What time of year is it in each of the stories?
- Know what happens with Tern’s hair. Does it stay green or change back to whatever the original color is?
- Physical descriptions of just about everybody.
- Establish what happened to Arista’s parents, Merle and Duglass, in all of this.
- Know for sure what Garamine’s ties are with Arista and how they came to be. Particularly Wayne and the level of authority he has.
- The nature of the town and detectives’ town outside the city. How big are we talking? Where’s the explanation?
- Make it clear the tyggers can’t be used again and why.